CareerArc users have the ability to configure a default Identity Provider to power Single Sign On (SSO). This article details how to configure Okta as the primary Identity Provider.
In order to proceed with configuring login with SSO through Okta, you must have admin access to your Okta organization.
- Identity Provider (IDP)-Initiated Authentication (SSO) Flow - Users log into the CareerArc app from the Okta Dashboard
- Account Verification - The first time users connect their account, they will initiate Okta SSO in from CareerArc for 'Account Verification'.
To configure Okta SSO, you will need to provide your Okta credentials to CareerArc. You can find your credentials in the Okta dashboard:
- Navigate to Applications and then select the Applications sub-menu.
- Click on Browse App Catalog
- Search for CareerArc and select Add integration:
- In the Sign On tab copy the following values to configure in CareerArc:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- You will also need your Okta domain which you can determine by looking at your Okta dashboard https://<your-okta-domain>.okta.com
Once you have your Okta credentials sign into CareerArc (https://app.careerarc.com) with an admin account.
- Click on Settings (gear icon) -> Company.
- Select Okta as your Login method
- Enter your Okta domain, Client ID and Client Secret in the provided fields
- Click ‘Save’
- NOTE: When you save, you and all members of your organization will immediately be logged out. The next time you (and other organization members) log in, you will be required to connect your Okta account. Users that have previously used email and password authentication, will be required to enter the username and password in order to connect their accounts.
Login Using Okta
- Members who have previously used email/password authentication can login using your email and password and you will be prompted to connect your Okta account.
- The primary log in method will be to log in to your Okta Dashboard and click the CareerArc app that was installed in a previous step. This will log you into CareerArc.